Saturday, April 13, 2019
So the next time a ‘health expert’ talks to you about BMI ensure you ask about the importance of body composition analysis. And if they try to convince you BMI is the only vital tool to determine ideal weight, you know you’re dealing with a ‘quack’ #bodymassindex #bmi #fitness#wellness #idealbodyweight
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Monday, February 03, 2014
Monday, October 07, 2013
It has been 18 years in professional practice and today BODYWORKS completes 13 years. From a weight management centre offering group exercise classes to an exclusive personal training studio ....the journey has been immensely fulfilling. To each one of you who has been a part of this journey with me. ...Thank you !!....For your blessings, love and faith. God has truly been kind :)
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
While we may never know the answer in this case it is imperative for both to act with responsibility.
While a trainer needs to know how far to push his client and be empathetic towards their physical capabilities, patrons must know how far they can push their own bodies. If your exercise sessions are leaving you feeling drained and in pain, there is something seriously wrong.
Remember, exercise is supposed to make you feel alive and rejuvenated. The mild soreness and pain that you experience is supposed to wear off and with each progressive session your body needs to feel less tired and you must feel more energetic.
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Next make lifestyle modifications, adopt a regimen of regular physical exercise and eat a healthy nutritious diet. This approach is minus
shortcuts but will result in not just weight loss but also improved cardio vascular functioning, improved lung efficiency, stronger bones, increased lean body mass (muscle mass) , improved absorption & utilization of nutrients and numerous other physiological benefits.
BS can be considered as an option for those with uncontrolled metabolic disorders & for those who are unable to adapt a lifestyle
modification program due to extremely high body weight or due to a physical handicap.Hence, persons with a BMI of over 40 and those with a BMI of between 35 to 40 who suffer with obesity related disorders such as diabetes, sleep apnea, heart disease would be considered as ideal candidates.
should not be misused in order to bring about rapid weight loss.
Advantages of BS:
1) Rapid weight loss immediately post surgery & most people also continue to lose weight in the following 12 to 24 months
2) Improvement in metabolic conditions & sleep apnea with certain studies suggesting a complete recovery from the associated
Disadvantages of BS
1) Most patients complain of nausea, vomiting, weakness, faintness and also diarrhea
2) Unless adequate supplementation is maintained patients of BS develop anemia, osteoporosis & other forms of nutritional
3) Complications such as abdominal hernias, infections, breakdown of the staple line and stretched stomach outlets may call for follow up surgeries.
4) Certain studies have reported that almost one third of the patients who undergo BS develop gall stones.