Want to get on to a weight loss program, but waiting for the Mango season to end????
I posted on FB / Twitter yesterday that it’s healthy to eat mangoes....and my clients go...wow!!!
1) ‘The king of fruits’ as we’ve know the Mango, it is
2) According to new research study mangoes have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
3) Bio-active elements such as Esters, Terpenes and Aldehydes present in mango aids to ease digestion & are beneficial for people suffering from acidity.
4) Being a rich source of iron, mangoes offer benefit to growing children, pregnant women & those recovering from illnesses.
5) Eating mangoes regularly helps prevent night blindness, dryness of eyes, softening of cornea, itching and burning in the eyes due to its high content of Vitamin A
6) At a glycemic index ranging from 40-60, mangoes DO NOT increase the blood sugar levels drastically & hence CAN be consumed by diabetics.
7) A rich source of Glutamine acid which is good to boost memory and keep cells active, mangoes help increase concentration & memory.
So go ahead…..but remember as with all the goodies while watching your weight practice PORTION CONTROL….up to 2 mangoes per week if you are counting calories.